Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole.
You can have Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole
- You need 1.5 of turkey breasts, or however much leftover turkey you want.
- It’s 10 oz of corn.
- You need 10 oz of green beans (from green bean casserole, even!).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of turkey, brown, or mushroom gravy – whatever's on hand.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of mashed potatoes, just enough to cover your dish.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- It’s of Fried onions (optional).
Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole step by step
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, prep a 13×9 pan with cooking spray or your choice of light oil..
- Shred the turkey into bite-sized pieces, add to your dish. Enough to cover, but as much as you want, depending on how protein heavy your diet is..
- Add the corn and green beans, spread evenly for best consistency..
- Add your gravy. If you have mushrooms, as I do, again – even consistency..
- Cover with mashed potatoes, spread thoroughly, and bake for 25 minutes uncovered..
- Cover with cheese, bake for another 15 minutes..
- For the last few minutes of baking, add fried onions if desired, and set to a low broil just long enough to brown your cheese..