Hot spiced cider. This recipe uses an automatic coffee maker to brew the cider. If you don't own one, heat it in a saucepan over medium heat on the stovetop. Next time you're entertaining, stir up a batch of this nicely spiced apple cider.
There's nothing like warm, spicy apple cider to break the ice when you're entertaining on a chilly day. Hot cider hits the spot on cold afternoons or when you're sitting in front of a blazing fire. Hot mulled cider is a must-have at all our fall and winter shindigs. You can cook Hot spiced cider using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot spiced cider
- You need of Apple cider.
- Prepare of Cranberry juice.
- You need of Brown sugar.
- Prepare of Cinnamon sticks and powder.
- It’s 7 drops of Young living tangerine essential oil.
- It’s of Tang powdered orange drink.
It's probably a holdover from when While the mulled cider may look pretty with all the spices floating on top, those little bits of spices do. In a large pot over medium heat, add the apple cider. Stir in the brown sugar, allspice and nutmeg until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a low boil. Rebecca Brand shows how to make Hot Spiced Apple Cider with ground spices in an economical recipe packed with flavor.
Hot spiced cider instructions
- I use a quart of apple cider, 1qt cranberry juice, tang drink mix 1/2 cup heated in a NON METALLIC POT!!! (ENAMEL DOES NOT IMPART A METAL TASTE YUUUK) Bring to a simmer, add cinnamon, brown sugar 1/2 cup (or to taste). Tangerine drops..
- Simmer for 10 min.
- Serve with a orange garnish in mugs. Tastes wonderful and warms everyone up!.
This recipe is great for holidays like. Hot Spiced Apple Cider is a seriously easy thing to make, even for someone who seldom plays with "spices and stuff", and the best part is that it is relatively fool-proof. I was told that I shouldn't have. Hot spiced cider is basically what it sounds like, cider that has spices added and is then warmed to infuse those spices' flavors. It is also called mulled cider.