Cheesy Squash Casserole. Onion and cheddar cheese perk up the rich flavor of summer squash in this comforting casserole. This reduced-fat squash casserole recipes lets you enjoy all the flavor of savory squash casserole without the guilt! This Spaghetti Squash Casserole tastes remarkably similar to the "Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole" that my mom used to make.
Full of flavor and is a wonderful side dish with any Remove ends of squash and discard. Chop or cut squash into small fine pieces. Cheesy Squash Casserole – DELICIOUS side dish for the holidays or summer cookout. You can have Cheesy Squash Casserole using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Squash Casserole
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 6 of medium yellow squash, thinly sliced and cubed.
- Prepare 1 of large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes, sliced and cubed.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 bag of Cheez-it crackers, crushed medium to fine.
Even squash hates love this cheesy casserole! Squash, bell pepper, onion, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs. Enjoy all the flavor of savory squash casserole without the guilt! Reviewer Kim writes, "We used this in place of my mother's classic squash casserole for Christmas dinner and it was excellent!
Cheesy Squash Casserole step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash, tomatoes, onion and butter until soft. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, cheddar and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly..
Creamy, cheesy and soft as a cloud with a delightful crunchy top crust. This Easy Cheesy Southern Squash Casserole is like the one your favorite Aunt always brought to family reunions! Switch up your side dishes and casseroles at the Thanksgiving table this year and replace with this light and creamy squash. We never really knew that stuffing mix should be a casserole mainstay, but hey, you learn something new every day. I woke up with a larger than life craving for macaroni and cheese.