Brother Joe's Cheesecake.
You can cook Brother Joe's Cheesecake using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brother Joe's Cheesecake
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped pecans or walnuts.
- You need 1 cup of gluten-free Chex cereal (any combination of your favorite flavors).
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 3 packages of cream cheese, 8 oz. each.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 5 each of large eggs.
- It’s 16 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of juice & zest of 1 lemon.
Brother Joe's Cheesecake step by step
- All ingredients should be at room temperature..
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Put first six crust ingredients in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Melt butter in microwave and the pour slowly into the food processor while it is running..
- Prepare a 9 inch Springform pan by buttering it or spraying with non-stick spray. Press the crust into the pan going up the sides as much as possible. Place the pan into the preheated oven while you make the filling to firm it up – about five minutes..
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add eggs one at a time beating after each egg. (I use a stand mixer and leave it running on low, but you can do it with a hand mixer.) Add flour, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla mixing well. Add the sour cream last and mix well..
- Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool slightly. Cover the Springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent water from getting in the pan when it cooks in a water bath. I use my turkey roasting pan. Place the springform pan in the roaster and pour in the filling batter. CAREFULLY pour in hot water into the roasting pan so that it goes about half-way up the side of the springform pan. Place on an upper rack in the middle of the 325°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes..
- When time is up, remove from the oven and take it out of the water bath. Turn off the oven and return springform pan to the oven. Prop open the oven door a little and leave the cake in the oven for one hour. After one hour remove from the oven. Cool completely on the counter and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (It gets better if you can do it overnight. The wait is worth it. ).
- Serve it with your favorite topping. Shown here with my favorite, Salted Caramel Apple Pecan. Killer good!! Sorry I didn't use a recipe or measure anything for the topping. I just threw the topping together. Basically, I toasted about 1cup of chopped pecans. Then I peeled and diced 3 Granny Smith apples; melted 3/4 stick of butter in a large skillet, tossed in the apples, sprinkled sugar on top (maybe 1/2 or 3/4 cup?) and cooked over medium heat until caramel colored. Slowly stirred in heavy cream, reduced heat, continued cooking and stirring until it is a nice caramel sauce. Stir in the toasted pecans, add a few good pinches of kosher salt, and you've got it! Hope that helps! Or you might try this topping recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145059-caramel-sauce.