Kraut and Swiss Chicken Casserole.
You can cook Kraut and Swiss Chicken Casserole using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kraut and Swiss Chicken Casserole
- Prepare 1 Pack of chicken deskinned bones optional. (8-10 thighs).
- You need 1 of lg bag sauerkraut.
- Prepare 2 box of stove top sage stuffing mix.
- It’s 1/2 lb of thin sliced Swiss Cheese.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken stock/broth.
Kraut and Swiss Chicken Casserole instructions
- Put the chicken a casserole dish and put in the oven. Cover and bake it until done. DO NOT SEASON IT..
- Remove casserole dish of chicken and drain out any grease. Put chicken back in the dish..
- Thoroughly drain out the sauerkraut and put in a large bowl. Pour the DRY stuffing onto the sauerkraut and mix evenly..
- Remove can of boiling stock and slowly pour onto the the stuffing/kraut mixture. Use enough the stuffing is crumbly moist but not sopping wet and not dry..
- Place the swiss on the chicken the layer the stuffing mixture on top of the chicken and put back into the oven (@350°) until top of stuffing feels crispy. Remove from oven layer the Swiss cheese on top covering it evenly and place back into oven until cheese is melty and enjoy! You can always add extra cheese to the top as when you scoop out the casserole the cheese doesn't always seem thick enough when on your plate..