Chocolate – Orange Cheesecake Layer Cake.
You can have Chocolate – Orange Cheesecake Layer Cake using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate – Orange Cheesecake Layer Cake
- It’s 1 of pkg.(2 layer) Chocolate cake mix.
- You need 1 of pkg. (3.9) jello chocolate instant pudding.
- It’s 3 1/2 of pkg -8 oz each – philadelphia cream cheese (28 oz) softened , divided.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Breakstones or Knudsen sour cream.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of finely chopped orange peel.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange marmalade.
- It’s 1 of jar (7 oz ) Jet – Puffed marshmallow creme.
- You need 1 of tub (8 oz ) Cool Whipped Topping, Thawed.
- Prepare 1/2 of oz. Bakers Semi – Sweet chocolate , coarsely grated.
Chocolate – Orange Cheesecake Layer Cake instructions
- Heat oven to 350° .Fold 2 (16"- long) sheets of foill lengthwise in half twice to firm 3" wide strips. Place 1 in each 2 ( 9" ) round pans. With ends of foil extending over sides..
- Spray with cooking spray. Prepare cake batter as directed on package.Add dry pudding mix. Beat 2 min. Pour into prepared pans.Half in each.( I used a red- velvet cake & Raspberry jelly ) ..
- Bake cake 25 min.or until done.Remove cakes from oven.Flatten tops with back of spatula..
- Beat 3 pkg. Of cream cheese, sugar, 1 tsp. Vanilla in large bowl.until blended.Add sour cream mix well.Add eggs, 1 at a time. Mixing on low speed after each until blended. Stir in orange peel..
- Pour cheesecake batter evenly over cakes. Return to oven.Bake 25-30 mn.or until centers of cheesecake are almost set.Run knife around rims of pans to loosen cakes . Cool completly.Refrigerate 4 hours..
- Use foil handles to remove cake from pans. Place one layer on serving plate. Microwave maralade on High 20 sec.Spread over cake.place 2nd. Layer on top of other cake..
- Beat remaining cream cheese, remaining vanilla & marshmallow creme in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add Cool Whip beat on low speed just until blended. Spread on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with grated chocolate..