Red Wine Pear Cheesecake. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and pour the chocolate into the center of the cheesecake. Allow to spread out around the edges and drip down the side and around the edge of the cake. Serve red wine poached pears with some mascarpone cheese, or whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an impressive dessert.
Choose a full-bodied, rich red such as Rioja for this recipe. By combining peeled pears with red wine and a bouquet of spices, you can create a dish that highlights the fruit's natural sweetness. Poached pears in wine (or Poire à la Beaujolais) is a classic French dessert that originated in the wine-growing territories of Burgundy and Lyon. You can cook Red Wine Pear Cheesecake using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Wine Pear Cheesecake
- You need of preparing pears.
- Prepare 4 of ripe pears.
- You need 400 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need of For the streusel.
- Prepare 12 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour (whatever you use).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vanilla sugar.
- It’s 1 medium of egg.
- You need of For the filling.
- Prepare 2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 cup of crème fraîche.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 packages of vanilla pudding powder.
- You need 2 medium of egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 medium of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of For the topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of liquid from pears.
Spiced Red Wine Poached Pears with Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream is a sexy, holiday dessert that will have everyone talking! Mini Poached Pear Cardamom Cakes are full of spice, topped with cinnamon and white wine poached pears, with a pour of Maple Cream Sauce. Red wine poached pears are a wonderfully elegant dessert to serve to company and are crazy easy to make. I love to finish a meal with a little something sweet and I can Simmer the pears in the red wine poaching liquid until tender and then pluck them out of the pot and pop them into the refrigerator to chill.
Red Wine Pear Cheesecake step by step
- To prepare the pears, rinse, dry, peal, halve and remove the seed. Put the red wine in a small pot with sugar and cinnamon. Add pear halves and bring to a boil and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Remove pan from the heat. Let the liquid cool for at least 2-3 hours. Drain pears in a colander and have the liquid in a bowl..
- Melt butter for the dough and let it cool. Put flour in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, vanilla sugar, egg and butter..
- With a hand or table mixer, mix on lowest setting, then at the highest level to crumble..
- Preheat oven at 350°F..
- Roll dough out and put the dough in a cake pan evenly..
- Floor the topping, in a bowl put crème fraîche, greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla pudding powder, and egg yolks. Beat egg whites with salt until stiff and fold into the mixture..
- Add a quarter of the Greek yogurt mixture onto the cake crust. Put pear halves onto it and put the rest of the Greek yogurt mixture on top and smooth it out..
- Mix together the red wine liquid and powdered sugar to make the topping. Sprinkle on top of the Greek yogurt mass..
- Put into the preheated oven for 70 to 75 minutes..
- When done take out of the oven and put it on a wire rack to cool and form..
Pour the red wine pear halves with the curl on top of the tart bottom. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the mold. Serve warm or cold as desired. A gorgeous pear tart recipe with pears poached in spiced red wine. Perfect with vanilla ice cream or another accompaniment!