Potato and Chicken Casserole.
You can have Potato and Chicken Casserole using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Chicken Casserole
- You need 5 pounds of russet potatoes.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 cups of diced chicken, cooked.
- It’s 2-3 of smoked sausage links, diced.
- Prepare 16 oz of bag frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 2 cups of milk or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1-2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of French fried onions or crushed ritz crackers.
Potato and Chicken Casserole instructions
- Sauté the diced onion with butter in a large skillet or pot..
- Add the veggies and cook until thawed..
- Add in the cheese and stir until melted. Now add soups and milk or broth, seasonings, and diced chicken and sausage..
- Continue to cook over low heat while you prepare the potatoes and preheat the oven..
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray..
- Peel potatoes and slice in thin rounds..
- Layer the potatoes evenly over the bottom of the pan..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Layer the meat and vegetable gravy evenly over the potatoes..
- Cook for 1 hour, uncovered..
- Check to see if the potatoes are cooked through by testing with a fork..
- Add cheese evenly over the top. Then sprinkle with French fried onions or a tube of lightly crushed buttery crackers..
- Cook for 10 minutes more..
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving..